Pros and cons of mobile phones



Sam: Sorry. I was just sending a message. I was multitasking! I’m with you now. 
Gemma: 
  • CorrectYeah, but
 I don’t think you can send messages and talk to someone in real life at the same time! That’s my point. The real-life person should come first. Don’t you think?
Sam: 
  • CorrectEr … yeah, but sometimes
 you just need to send a quick message. I don’t think it’s rude. In fact, I think it’s rude to ignore messages, actually. 
Gemma: Yeah, I suppose so. 
  • CorrectYou’re right in some ways … but
 for me, the biggest disadvantage of having a mobile phone is that we’re constantly being distracted from what’s happening in the real world!
Sam: 
  • CorrectYeah ... but in a good way
 . You can carry on what you’re doing, and you can keep up with your friends at the same time. 
Gemma: 
  • CorrectYeah, there are a lot of advantages … but
 when you’ve got one of your best mates sitting right in front of you, maybe it’s time to switch off?
Gemma: Yeah, there are a lot of advantages … but when you’ve got one of your best mates sitting right in front of you, 
  • Correctmaybe it’s time to
 switch off?
Sam: You mean … actually switching off our phones right now? 
Gemma: 
  • CorrectShall we
 ? What do you think? 
Sam: Er, OK. It’ll give me something to post on Facebook later. 
Gemma: Yeah, 
  • Correctcome on
 ! Honestly, we haven’t had a good chat in real life for ages. 
Sam: All right – you’re absolutely right. 
Gemma: OK! Brilliant. On three then!
Gemma and Sam: One … two … three … off! 
Sam: Wow! We did it.
Gemma: That didn’t hurt too much! 
Sam: Not yet.
Gemma: I’ve got a plan! 
  • CorrectLet’s
 just leave them off until we finish our drinks.
Sam: Yeah, that might be a good idea. 
Gemma: 
  • CorrectWe’ve just got to
 focus on the advantages! It feels so weird knowing no one can contact me.
Sam: Yeah, it does … but I like this feeling of freedom. I’m going to keep mine off all day.
Gemma: Wow. Really? Now that is something to post on Facebook. ‘Sam survives a whole day without his phone!’


How much do you use your phone when you're with your friends? What do you think are the pros and cons of mobile phones? Add a comment below.



Well, actually,  I don't prefer using my mobile phone often when I'm with my friends. But to be honest,  my boyfriend uses his phone all the time because his work is related to mobile a lot.

In my opinion, there are a lot of advantages and disadvantages of mobile phone. Nowadays, under fascinating developing technology, processing a smartphone is really easy, so people can get a phone by the way. 
First, I suppose that a mobile phone brings us a lot of benefits. For example, we can use phones not only to go online, surfing the Internet, get in touch with friends and families...but also read and update news, buy products online, pay online or even use a bunch of useful apps for our daily life or businesses.
On the other hands, there are some drawbacks to using mobile phones. For instance, a lot of people overuse it to chat or read some bad news, it's really wasted a lot of valuable time. And others use everywhere such as in dinner with family, in meeting with friends, they always focus on their phone and ignore others. It makes them get away from others. 

Actually, if people can't control themselves to apply the smart technology in their life, maybe this high-tech equipment will bring bad things to them. In modern life, the mobile phone is really important to everyone, it helps people can communicate with each other easier but it also has some disadvantages. So let's be smart users of all smart types of equipments in our world.

Comments

Popular Posts