An interview

Ex1: Conservation.
Mrs Spence: So, you’ve applied to do a teaching course here.
Jack: Yes, 
  • that's right
 .
Mrs Spence: I’d like you to tell me, first of all, why you want to be a teacher.
Jack: OK. Well, I’ve always loved explaining things and helping people. I’m not looking for an easy job – I like 
  • a challenge
 ! I also want to work with young people.
Mrs Spence: Why is it important to do sport at school, do you think?
Jack: OK. Well, 
  • first of all
 , we all know it’s important for our health to keep physically fit. 
  • Secondly
 , physical exercise is good for our mental well-being and self-esteem. And 
  • finally
 , playing sport teaches young people important life lessons.
Mrs Spence: Where does your passion for sport come from?
Jack: Hmm, let me think. It’s difficult to choose one thing 
  • in particular
 ... I grew up around sport. My mum was a really good athlete, actually.
Mrs Spence: Oh, yes? 

Jack: We used to go and see her running marathons, which made a 
  • big impression on
 me as a child. I suppose it’s 
  • in my blood
 .
Mrs Spence: And how do you think teachers can encourage their students to enjoy sport?
Jack: Hmm, that’s an interesting question. On 
  • the one hand
 I think many students enjoy the competitive element. On 
  • the other hand
 , we need to encourage the ones who are not as confident.
Mrs Spence: OK, thank you very much, Jack. You make some good points.
Jack: It’s my 
  • pleasure
 . Thank you.
Ex2:
No automatic alt text available.

Discussion

Comments

Popular Posts