Why You Should Travel Alone As A Woman - Practice Reading

                  The first time that I travelled alone,
I didn't really think about the fact
that I was travelling alone.
I just kinda did it.
I didn't really have a plan for price college
so I just wanted to do something fun and crazy
and not anything permanent but just
do something on my own.
I was studying abroad in Italy
for a couple months and I wanted to go to Spain one weekend
and no one else wanted to go so I just decided
to go on my own.
I remember being alone on the plane
on the way to Paris thinking,
what have I gotten myself into?
I remember wanting to land and find the next
flight back home.
- [Voiceover] I have travelled all over
the United States by myself.
It wasn't until later on that it occurred
to me like, oh, I'm actually by myself
and I'm totally doing this whole thing
on my own independently.
I think what I realized most
I constantly wanted to be validated by other peopole
about the amazingness of the things I was seeing or doing.
Why couldn't I just believe it was amazing
without other people validating me?
The coolest part about travelling alone
is the people you meet along the way.
Sometimes it's really nice to be alone.
It's the most adult that I've ever felt in my life.
Nobody that knows me has any idea
where I am, it's quite a freeing sensation.
You're your own decision maker,
you don't have to rely on anyone else.
If you're an easy going person,
you can just kind of go with the flow.
I just remember that people
are softer and gentler and more helpful
than you could imagine.
Bad things can happen to any of us
so be prepared, be knowledgeable
but don't psych yourself out of things.
Stay in alternative places
and don't just stick to the beaten path.
Travelling alone as a woman is exciting.
Traveling alone is deeply freeing.
Travelling alone is a confidence boost.
Travelling alone is empowering.
Travelling alone is badass.
Lonely, scary but it can
also be quite amazing.


Comments

Popular Posts