Questions on the interview

These are the questions that the interviewer asks employees: 
  • Have you ever worked in an office?
  • Are you a competent computer user?
  • Why do you think you’re suitable for this job?
  • Have you had to deal with complaints?
  • Are there any other skills you have for this job?
  • Can you tell me more about your experience in this area?

    We've looked at how you can talk about what kind of person you are. Now, let's look at talking about your skills, the things you're good at, and experience, the things you've done. Remember Mali from Week 1 who was also looking for a job? Her application was successful. And now we're going to watch a video of her interview and listen to the questions Mali's asked and the answers that she gives. Let's watch the video. [KNOCKING] Good morning. My name's Howard Clark. Pleased to meet you, Mr. Clark. I'm Mali Mae. Please, take a seat, Mali. Thank you very much.

    So Mali, I have your CV here, and I can see that you have some experience working in a shop. Yes, I do. As you know, the job you're applying for is an office job. Have you ever worked in an office? No, I haven't. But it is something that interests me. I have worked as a shop assistant for a long time, so I have experience in dealing with customers. I think this will help me in this job. OK, but are you a competent computer user? That's important for this job. Oh, yes, I am. I haven't done a course, but I use the computer a lot at home.

    I'm good at writing and organizing e-mails, preparing spreadsheets, and using the internet of course. I see. And so why do you think you are suitable for this job? Well, as I said, I have lots of experience in looking after customers and making sure that they get good service. Oh. Have you had to deal with complaints? Yes, I have. It doesn't happen often. But occasionally, I have to deal with a customer complaint. So can you tell me a little bit more? How do you think your experience in dealing with customers will help you specifically with this job? Well, I've learned a lot about communication skills, and I'm sure this will help when dealing with suppliers.

    OK, and are there any other skills you have for this job? Yes. I have good organizational skills, and I'm good at managing people. Can you tell me more about your experience in this area? Yes. I don't actually have a managerial role. But in my current job, I am responsible for training new shop assistants in the department and for making sure that they are motivated. This is something that I very much enjoy, and I know I do it well. That sounds interesting.
  • From futurelearn

Comments

Popular Posts