Tet is coming soon!

Tet will be on 5-th of February. I guess that everybody is waiting for it due to it's time for gathering all of the members of the family and sending the blessing greeting to people. 
I really do like the Tet holiday caused a lot of reasons. First of all, I could get some day-off in school and spend my time with my family. I prefer to help my parents prepare somethings for Tet holidays like making Chung Cakes, decorating our house, bringing my grandmother to a market to buy some flowers or purchasing clothes with my mum and my siblings...and so on. 
You know what in Vietnamese Tet festival, children could get a bunch of lucky money (red envelops) from adults (grandparents, parents, relatives...). So it's one of the reasons they extremely keen on the Tet holiday. 
I still remember that in these days of Tet holiday, I often collect the lucky money to buy candy, balloon, baby dolls... Sometimes I wish I could come back at that time because when people grow up, there are a ton of things they need to care about, it's not like the children. 
However, I believe that people are still waiting for it. Actually, in the normal days, people must work to earn money to pay for cost living, they don't get a lot of free time to be with their family. So Tet can consider as a time for bringing all people together for joyful. 

When I was in Vietnam, my grandfather was still alive, he often prepared "mâm cỗ cúng" to worship our ancestor. But now my father does this work.

How about your Tet holiday? Let's tell me?

Comments

Popular Posts